International Taxation

Non-residents who conduct business in Canada, earn Canadian income or own taxable Canadian property are required to report and file Canadian income tax returns. Failure to file the required withholding taxes and remittances to CRA can result in severe tax penalties, significant amounts of interest on back taxes, increased accounting and legal costs, and could even tie up proceeds from the sale of Canadian property for extended periods of time.

We have experience in preparing and filing NR4, NR6 and Section 216 tax returns with Canadian tax authorities for non-residents and obtaining Clearance Certificates from CRA.

We have also helped many non-residents obtain favourable results under Voluntary Disclosure rules for waiving CRA penalties.